Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Misconceptions About Plus Size Clothes

As I surf the net in search of great clothing (for great prices, might I add), I am appalled at the selections that are offered to us. I refuse to have all of my fabulousness wrapped in a mumu, caftan or "gym clothes." (You can't be serious with wearing sweats and a big ass t-shirt to the club, get with the times babes.) So, with that being said I have made it my life's mission to find great pieces of clothing and accessories for prices ranging from $100 and under. But before I do that, please let me help you understand the misconceptions about shopping for plus sizes:

* Before you even put cash or that lovely plastic down by the cash register, get to understand your body type. Not every fashion trend or look will look good on you. Be aware of your problem areas, I refuse to allow my plush sisters to walk around with it sloppy, let's get it together for 07'. Find several pieces that accentuate your body shape and brings attention to the areas that you love the most. Above anything else, you have to be comfortable in your skin and love what you have.

* Walk outside the norm of shopping at Plus sized designated shops and I guarantee you will find several pieces of clothing that can put together one hell of an outfit. I always find that you'll get some basic clothing accessories at places like Urban Outfitters (www.urbanoutfitters.com), H&M (www.HM.com), Express (www.expressfashion.com) and many more. The sizes in these stores vary, but on a whole they are generous with the size chart.

My team and I are currently thinking of more things to add to this list. Oh yeah, there is a Plush Watch Inc. team and they will soon be introducing themselves to you. So, get comfortable.

Ms. Slims

5 comments:

Kadi said...

Nice post!! Now a days, more stylish and fashionable plus size clothes are available in market...

Anonymous said...

Try Trade Chic for very fashionable, well-fitting plus size clothes. They don't sell online, but are very flexible to mail items and get you the right size/etc. www.tradechic.net

plus size dresses said...

There are really great fashionable plus size clothing available online.

unique baby names said...

Great post. Really enjoyed it:)

Multiple Sclerosis Treatment Developments said...

Really like the blue dress.